Thursday 2 February 2012

The proud possession!

She was standing in the shade, with her back leaning against the wall. I saw her new scarf; bright red with the traditional bandhini patterns, a perfect match for her blue denim. She could carry any accessory with such grace... I was flattered. She seemed too conscious of it too; making sure that it was tied properly, ensuring that it held no crease and flaunting it at every possible opportunity.

I suddenly realized that she had noticed me admiring her scarf, even from a distance. She looked at me with a smile and I could see that twinkle in her eye. I was convinced that deep inside, she was filled with child-like innocence. There she stood wearing that scarf , confident that people would notice and admire her proud possession.

For too young she was to realize that "Though the scarf be red, green or blue; there are many people out there, who have it too....."


1 comment:

  1. Dwindling Genius... !!!!
    Obscure theme presentation....
    But still Like it.....

    ReplyDelete

Pages