Thursday 29 December 2011

Embrace yourself!

I decided to go backstage, to wish her luck. When I went in, I saw her clutching the curtains, so nervous; holding it tight in an attempt to never let go of it. I looked at her; she was wearing a formal dress, paired with  high heeled sandals and her hair was carefully combed and pinned; she looked, well ,i would say,"presentable!"

She shared with me her fears of performing. She confessed that she knew she could sing well, but it was the response of the gathering that shook her knees. I smiled at her and softly sang to her, "If it has to be perfect, it has to be you; forget what others instructed you!"
She gave the slip to the curtain at once, and  peeked at her unnerving hearers. Then as I carefully watched her, she unbuttoned her sleeves and unstrapped her sandals. Confidently, she walked barefoot on stage and the audience was blown away; and most importantly, she sang well!
And while I overheard the cheer and applause that she received, I looked at those sandals; black, high heeled and beautiful!
And i asked myself, "Why wear shoes that pinch?"

2 comments:

  1. Liked it.....
    The subtle description makes it further more pragmatic ..
    God Bless ...
    Use the gift of Expression for enlightenment of self and cosmos(ppl)...

    ReplyDelete

Pages