Thursday 29 December 2011

Strings aint chains !

With those misty eyes, she looked at me; barely able to see anything past her disobedient locks. She smiled at me, with broken milk teeth, a face so bright, devoid of fear or uncertainty.
I thought to myself how easy it was her to tiptoe or sprint, with no fear of objection; free from pride, far from opinions or misjudgment.
I wondered how things could change so much! how could other's  notions begin to matter so much and every movement , expected to be measured or weighed! There is no freedom! No spontaneity!Every body is governed by the fear of being judged.

She twirled around me and ran; I laughed! Not amused by how adorable she was, but mocking my own inability to enjoy liberty. Oh! how I wish I could sweep or swing unrestrained.
She came closer and whispered to me "I am you, you are me; But thats not what everybody sees!"

I sang out loud to those clouds above, who gracefully poured down their generous love. And i stood there, beside the lake, drenched, alone on a lovely evening ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages